The article will discuss the purposes of using data rooms and help you to choose the best data room software for your needs.
What is Data room software?
The protection of corporate information has always been of particular interest to business people. The development of information technology to protect confidential information from unauthorized access is becoming more difficult. In this regard, a development for data protection, as a virtual data room has appeared.
The virtual data room is a unique combination of existing company documentation management systems and web content management systems. The essence of this development is that the company’s confidential data is stored clearly, structured in electronic form.
Such a virtual room is characterized by increased protection of access to data of external users. Data can be accessed only with the appropriate authorities of the virtual room manager. At the same time, all aspects of working with documents are controlled – the names of the documents being viewed, the time spent working with certain documents, control over the printing of documents, the number of users who simultaneously have access to information, etc.
Advantages over using a physical data room
Virtual data rooms have a number of advantages over physical data rooms. Some of them are:
- round-the-clock availability of data from any device and anywhere in the world;
- data management security and cost-effectiveness;
- there are no problems with updating certain documents, the need for their courier transportation or transportation of personnel;
- this secure storage is easy to install and can work indefinitely.
It also should be mentioned, that VDR can be combined with real data room, you just need to create a room where you will have access to the necessary information, and at the same time control the circle of people who will have access to this room, and all their work with documents. This can provide fairly complete and reliable protection of important corporate data.
Best Virtual Data Room software
Today, many specialized providers are engaged in the development of VDR. The list of the most popular virtual data programs available on the market includes the following:
- iDeals offers industry-leading Virtual Data Room features. It supports more than 25 file formats. This gives you complete control over the confidentiality of your data.
- Intralinks solution provides an intuitive user interface for ease of use and it has features such as watermarks and automatic indexing.
- BrainLoop provides a SaaS solution for protecting your organization’s sensitive data. It is available as an online solution and can also be used offline. It supports all mobile devices.
- Watchdog is a Blackberry workspace solution. It is a secure enterprise-class platform for synchronizing and sharing files.
- Merrill provides industry-leading security and can meet the most stringent security requirements.
- Ansarada offers a solution exclusively for data mergers and acquisitions. This is one of the best virtual data rooms, thanks to its features and functionality.
- Digify supports the most popular file formats, such as PDFs, images, and videos. This tool will allow administrators to make pre-set security settings to help teams and businesses maintain consistency between company file policies.